Having an appliance is a necessity that most homeowner must rely on to in order that the essential tasks at home are fully met. There are different types of appliances that can aid you in your home living. Such that you can use a washing machine to clean your clothes, get a dryer for you to instantly dry the clothes you have cleaned, have a vacuum cleaner to dust off the inside of your home, or procure an AC unit so that you are always assured that you get cool air all the time.
All these appliances are important so that you are always assured with the fact that, you can get to work things out without having to feel any hassles while you do your chores at home. There are a lot of considerations that you need to take into account so that you can always let these appliances to function at their prime. Keep in mind the tips below so that you will always have that handy guide on what to do.
As cold weather persists this winter, it remains a prime time for a dryer vent fire. To protect your home and family, learn more about what causes dryer fires and how to prevent them.
Why Do More Home Fires Occur in Winter?
While forest fires occur primarily during the heat of summer, home fires are more prevalent in the cold, dry months of December through March. Here are several winter-related causes of house fires:
- Heating equipment: About two-thirds of home fires are caused by furnaces and space heaters.
- Holiday lights and decorations: Old strands of lights and dry Christmas trees are a recipe for disaster. Overloaded circuits or misused extension cords can also overheat or spark and start a fire. Open flame candles, another common holiday decoration, are the second leading cause of home fire injuries.
How to Prevent Gas and Electric Dryer Fires
- Have your dryer professionally installed. Make sure the electrical cord and outlet are safe to use with this high-powered appliance.
- Don’t run the dryer without a lint filter.
- Check the vent hose behind the dryer to make sure it’s not kinked, crushed, or damaged in any way.
- Locate the outdoor vent exhaust and make sure it opens while the dryer operates. If your dryer vents into the attic or another interior space, hire a professional to reroute the exhaust outside.
- Clean the dryer lint filter. One-third of clothes dryer fires are caused by dirty lint filters. Remove buildup from the filter by hand before every batch. Then, scrub the filter with a nylon brush every six months for a more thorough cleaning.
- Hire a professional to clean your dryer vent. While the filter traps a substantial amount of lint, some of it bypasses the filter and ends up clogging the vent pipe. Schedule professional cleaning once a year, or whenever you notice your clothes taking longer to dry, to remove flammable lint from the vent pipe. Check this link to get to learn more about maintaining your appliances.
It is really a necessity for every homeowner to get an Air conditioning or AC appliance, as it is one that can keep the comfort of the homes totally assured. Getting the right kind of appliance will assure you of the best results you can always be proud to have. You will never be stressed out of an increase temperature in your homes when you know how you can maintain your AC unit.
Your air conditioner can be a big help when it’s hot outside, but it can also be a source of stress if it succumbs to wear and tear and ends up with the need for repairs. By taking steps to increase energy efficiency with your home, you can decrease the wear and tear that’s put on your air conditioning system because it won’t have to work so hard to keep temperatures comfortable inside. Consider implementing these ideas:
Spiff up Your Windows
An excellent way to improve air conditioning performance as well as reduce wear and tear is to spiff up your windows, so they insulate your overall home better. Start by sealing any leaks and cracks in the frames with caulking or spray foam insulation. Once applied and dried, sand the sealed areas down and give the frames a new coat of paint for a nice finish. Sealed windows will provide better humidity control throughout your home and reduced noise pollution from the outdoors.
Improve your windows’ insulation performance even further by installing shades on them. When properly installed, window shades provide excellent energy savings and can help reduce heat gain in the summer, so your air conditioner doesn’t struggle to maintain comfortable temperatures indoors. Dual shades typically offer the greatest efficiency performance. They feature a reversible design that is reflective on one side and heat absorbent on the other – the reflective side should face outward in the summer and inward in the winter. Roman dual shades are an effective option as they act as both a wind barrier and insulator. Learn ways on how you can do maintenance on your AC unit, at this link: http://bireyselsilahlanmayahayir.com/2016/05/05/how-you-can-increase-energy-efficiency-and-minimize-wear-and-tear-on-your-ac/.
These appliance maintenance tips will open up a whole new world for you, in such a way that you can better care for your appliances. There are a lot of matters that will guide you in the way you make use of your appliances, but the ones listed above are the basic know how that each homeowners are expected to learn from.